This 60-minute workout challenges all your major muscle groups
by using the best weight-room exercises like Squats, Presses, Lifts
Great music, awesome instructors and your choice of weight
inspire you to get the results you came for - and fast!
Like all the Les Mills programmes, a new BODYPUMP class is
produced every three months with new music and choreography.
What will body pump do for
- Shape and tone the muscles
- Improve general fitness and well-being
- Increase body density (important in avoiding osteoporosis)
- Burn up to 560 calories per class
- Give a sense of achievement
Describe a typical
You'll use a step platform, a bar and a selection of weights to
suit your fitness level. If you're new to resistance training, or
if you're out of shape, you should start with light weights.
After a few classes, you'll know how much weight is right for
you. If you're unsure, ask your instructor.
Get your body moving, using light weights only
Use heavier weights in Squat moves that target the big muscle
groups and burn lots of calories.
Lie back on the step to work the chest, shoulders and
Target the back, glutes and hamstrings with lifts and
- Triceps and Biceps
Isolate and tone the arm muscles in these two tracks.
Target the legs and shape and tone the butt.
Target the entire shoulder area and arms
Build support and strength in the core.
Stretch the muscles to increase flexibility and reduce risk of
muscle soreness and injury.
Your instructor is there to make sure you do everything
correctly, but try to remember:
- Good posture is the foundation of all exercise - especially
- Focus on learning the right technique at the beginning.
- Work continuously at perfecting your technique.
- Don't overdo the weights - start gradually increasing them
after four to six weeks.
- Perform the movements with control - smooth actions, not
- Always keep your joints slightly bent - don't lock out.
- Keep focused on the working muscles and stabilise the
- Listen to your body - it will tell you if something is not
Some muscle soreness is natural in the days following your first
class. This will quickly disappear as your body adjusts to working
out with weights.
||Weights-based resistance training
||Moderate to high intensity
||up to 560 calories
||Barbell, Plates and height adjustable step
||Latest hard-hitting and inspiring tunes
||Increases strength and endurance, tones and shapes, helps
maintain bone health.
What do I need to
Comfortable workout clothes, training shoes, water bottle, towel
and attitude! We supply anything else
How often should I do
We recommend two to three classes a week. Your body needs
recovery time between workouts so rest at least one day between
When will I notice
Once you've started BODYPUMP, your muscles will quickly adapt to
this type of workout and you'll notice strength gains as your body
gets used to lifting weight. As your strength improves, you'll
start to see fat loss and improved muscle tone. Don't overdo it -
if you start to increase the weights too quickly, you could suffer
injury. Physical activity isn't a quick fix - it should become a
part of your lifestyle.