How Can We Help?
For Active membership enquiries contact:
|Active Office General Number||Tel 449888|
|Fort Regent||Tel 449751|
|Les Quennevais||Tel 449890|
|Active Office Emailemail@example.com|
To book classes contact:
|Fort Regent Leisure Centre||Tel 449836|
|Les Quennevais Sports Centre||Tel 449880|
|Springfield Stadium||Tel 449615|
If you need to take a temporary break for reasons, such as illnesses, holidays and centre closures you may be able to 'Freeze' your membership for a reduced fee, please see our Terms and Conditions located under the blue tab below.
There is NO 'Freezing' option for: Corporates; 6 months; Peak / Off Peak / Student/ Youth/ Senior / Swim monthly passes.
It is not possible to make any advance bookings, such as classes, whilst your membership is frozen.
If you pay by Direct Debit, you can suspend
your membership for a minimum period of 1 calendar month and a
maximum period of up to 6 months. The suspension will take effect
from the first day of the month following the date we receive your
request (for example, we cannot freeze memberships from the 15th to
the 15th). A monthly charge of £8.00 will be applied, your
membership will automatically be 'un-frozen' and revert back to
your monthly rate once the freeze ends.
If you pay annually, you can suspend your membership free of charge for a minimum period of 7 days and a maximum period of up to 6 months.
If you require any further assistance please contact the Active Team on 449888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click Here to submit your dates
Active (and the Active membership scheme) is provided by the States of Jersey (acting through the Minister for Economic Development, Tourism, Sport and Culture, and shall be taken to include servants, agents, heirs and successors) ("Active").
Active can be contacted at Fort Regent Leisure Centre, St Helier, Jersey, JE2 4UX, Tel (01534) 449888.
To help you get the best out of your membership and to understand our responsibilities to you and your responsibilities to us, please read these terms and conditions carefully along with the 'Active Centre Rules' available on www.active.je
This agreement commences once you have indicated your acceptance in the 'Customer Declaration' section of the application form and will become binding on you and us at the time of joining, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
These terms and conditions apply at all times and take priority in the case of ambiguity.
Every person who signs the membership application will be responsible under this agreement.
The start-up payments, the membership type and the associated lump-sum or monthly Direct Debit membership fees and initial payment term are set out in the 'Contract Details' box of the application form [the initial membership term is the fixed 12 month term contract (''The initial membership term'')].
Your health is your responsibility. Not all exercises are suitable for everyone. You should not exercise beyond your own abilities. If you know, or are concerned, that you have a medical condition which might interfere with you exercising safely, before starting any exercise programme you should obtain and follow the advice of a medical professional.
You must accept full responsibility for the health and safety of any children added to this membership.
1. All benefits of the Active membership listed on the 'Price Guide' are subject to change and availability.
2. Certain categories of memberships do not include all the services and facilities. Services and facilities not so included may be provided at an additional charge at Active's discretion.
3. Active reserves the right to make reasonable alterations to the type of facilities provided. When necessary maintenance is required, facilities may be closed. Members will be given at least 14 days prior notice of any closure. Active shall not be liable for any inconvenience caused by building works and for the provision of essential maintenance services. For the avoidance of doubt, Active will not refund membership fees or add any additional freezing facility if the member chooses not to attend the alternative facilities available. We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that such closures are notified to our members via our website and social media.
4. Our opening times are available on our website www.active.je or upon request and maybe subject to changes without any prior notice being given to members. We shall, however, endeavour to give members reasonable notice of change to such hours.
5. The Student/Youth monthly pass is only available to customers in full-time education (proof, such as a student ID card with current academic years, is required at the time of registration) and to young persons under the age of 19 (proof of age is required at the time of registration).
6. The Senior Citizen memberships are only available to customers who are in receipt of a Jersey Social Security pension or over the age of 65 (proof is required at the time of registration).
7. Adult members that sign up for 6 or 12 months are entitled to add one of their children to their memberships at no extra cost providing that the child is under the age of 18.
Fees and charges - what is your financial commitment?
1. You may need to pay an administration fee when you join which will be due immediately at the time of registration. You can get details of these charges from the Active team.
2. For the avoidance of doubt, once your membership has been submitted and processed Active shall not refund membership fees where the member chooses not to attend the facilities.
3. All Direct Debit memberships are initially set up for a fixed 12 month term. By choosing a Direct Debit membership, you are agreeing to make the 12 monthly payments for the initial membership term. Should you fail to do so (for whatever reason) you agree that any unpaid monies in respect of the initial membership term shall constitute a liquidated debt which is immediately repayable and may be recovered by us or on our behalf (together with accrued interest and all legal/administrative costs) in debt recovery/legal proceedings without further notice.
4. Direct Debit payments are collected from member's accounts within the first 10 working days of the month.
5. Every time you fall behind with your membership payments we will charge an administration fee of £5.00 for each missed payment.
6. If any Direct Debit is returned unpaid, for whatever reason, we will send you an email to inform you, you will have 7 days to pay for the outstanding amount by cash, cheque or card. If payment is not received during this time, we will try to take the payment again the following month for the payment you have missed plus the administration charge plus the amount due for the current month.
7. If, despite us having notified you of a missed payment, further payments are missed, we reserve the right to either suspend or terminate your membership.
8. We will refer any missed payments, including any future payments that are due as part of your contract (for example, payments you owe for the rest of an initial contract period or notice period), to the Treasurer of the States' Debts department.
9. For the avoidance of doubt, cancelling your Direct Debit during the initial membership term shall constitute a breach of this agreement and shall result in all outstanding monies in respect of any remainder of the initial membership term becoming repayable with immediate effect.
10. If you pay your membership fees monthly by Direct Debit, your membership will automatically continue on a monthly 'roll over basis' at the end of the initial term unless you give us at least 3 working days' notice to end it.
11. If you wish to end your membership you must give us notice in writing. You can visit the Active office or email your request to email@example.com. Your membership will end on the last day of the month in which we receive your notice. We will confirm, by email, that we have processed your cancelation request and will advise you to cancel your Direct Debit directly with your bank. If you do not receive this confirmation within 3 working days, you must inform us as soon as possible.
12. You are responsible for cancelling your Direct Debit once we have processed your cancellation and any payments relating to notice periods have been taken. For the avoidance of doubt, Active shall not refund membership fees if you have not given us valid notice to cancel your membership or fail to request to cancel your membership pursuant these terms and conditions.
13. From time to time we may need to increase the price of membership. We will give you at least 10 working days' notice of any incoming price increase and will make it clear when the price increase will take effect and how much your membership will cost after the increase. During this period you will have your usual right to terminate your membership in accordance with the membership terms and conditions. If you do not terminate the membership by the date given to you in the notice then the price of your membership will be increased in accordance with our notice.
14. Active shall not refund membership fees if you choose to stop using our facilities. We offer our customers the opportunity to pay for individual sessions or monthly passes as an alternative to the fixed 12 month term contract.
Suspension and termination - what if I want to leave or stop my membership?
1. If you need to take a temporary break for any reason you may be able to 'Freeze' your membership for a reduced fee, please check eligibility with the Active team.
2. For the avoidance of doubt, if the 'Freezing' option is available for your membership type, this is to cover all eventualities such as illnesses, holidays and centre closures. It is not possible to make any advance bookings, such as classes, whilst your membership is frozen.
3. There is NO 'Freezing' option for: Corporates; 6 months; Peak / Off Peak / Student/ Youth/ Senior / Swim monthly passes.
4. If you would like to suspend your membership you will need to submit your request online /how-can-we-help - Freezing Membership or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not have an email account or computer you can complete a form in the Active office.
5. A minimum of 3 working days notification is required prior to the day the freeze is due to start.
6. We will confirm, by email, that we have processed your request. If you do not receive this confirmation within 3 working days, you must inform us as soon as possible.
7. If you pay by Direct Debit, you can suspend your membership for a minimum period of 1 calendar month and a maximum period of up to 6 months. The suspension will take effect from the first day of the month following the date we receive your request (for example, we cannot freeze memberships from the 15th to the 15th). A monthly charge of £8.00 will be applied, your membership will automatically be 'un-frozen' and revert back to your monthly rate once the freeze ends.
8. If you pay annually, you can suspend your membership free of charge for a minimum period of 7 days and a maximum period of up to 6 months.
9. We are always happy to assess each case on its own merits therefore, at our sole and absolute discretion, Active may (but shall not be bound to) agree to end your membership (and waive any applicable period of notice and outstanding monies in respect of the initial membership term) provided you have furnished us with suitable evidence that:
a) you are suffering from a medical condition which means you are unable to use our sports facilities (this does not include pregnancy, but does include a medical condition that arises during pregnancy);
b) you lose your employment or are declared insolvent;
c) you are moving abroad;
d) there has been a change in your personal circumstances, other than those listed above, which means that it is no longer reasonable for you to use our facilities.
10. During the initial membership term, you must continue to pay your membership fees each month until you have provided suitable evidence of your change in circumstances and we have agreed to end your membership and waive any applicable period of notice and outstanding monies in respect of the initial membership term.
11. If you wish to end your membership pursuant to paragraphs 9 and 10 (above), you must give us notice in writing. You can visit the Active office or email your request to email@example.com. Your membership will end on the last day of the month in which we receive your notice and your suitable evidence when necessary. We will confirm, by email, that we have processed your cancelation request and will advise you to cancel your Direct Debit directly with your bank. If you do not receive this confirmation within 3 working days, you must inform us as soon as possible.
12. You are responsible for cancelling your Direct Debit once we have processed your cancellation and any payments relating to notice periods have been taken. For the avoidance of doubt, Active shall not refund membership fees if you have not given us valid notice to cancel your membership or fail to request to cancel your membership pursuant these terms and conditions.
1. The corporate membership discounted rate only applies to employees of the company. You can link to your account your partner or an immediate family member or a friend to benefit from the same rate.
2. Members, who pay in advance but leave the company during their contract, will only be able to renew their memberships at the standard applicable rate, not under the corporate scheme.
3. Members, who pay by Direct Debit but leave the company during their contract, can transfer to a standard membership at the relevant applicable rate.
4. If the main account holder wishes to cancel the membership but has a linked person paying by Direct Debit, the linked member will have to fulfil the contract until the end of the initial term at the standard applicable Direct Debit rate, not the discounted corporate rate.
Changing your membership categories
1. We realise that your needs can change over time, so you can apply to change your membership category by contacting the Active team.
2. If you ask us to reduce your membership fee because you meet a special condition, for example because you work for a particular employer, you will need to prove that you meet the condition before we will reduce your fee and, from time to time, we may ask you for up-to-date proof that you still qualify for the reduced fee.
Changes to our Terms and Conditions
We may change these terms and conditions at any time. If we do make changes that affect you, we will give you reasonable notice of the changes that we plan to make. If you are not satisfied with the changes you may cancel your membership.
Notwithstanding any legal action, the management reserves the right at all times to withdraw, without refund, the membership of any Active member failing to comply with these conditions, misconduct themselves or in any way cause damage or annoyance to other persons.
All customers visiting an Active Centre must comply with these club rules. Active Club rules are incorporated into a member's contract with us, and compliance with these rules is important both to maintain the standards at our centres and to enable members, guests and occasional customers to get full enjoyment from their membership/visit.
We reserve the right to terminate membership and/or refuse entry into a centre if you commit a serious or repeated breach of these rules, or membership contract, or if you engage in any other serious misconduct.
In addition to Active Club Rules each of our centres also has their own operational rules (on display in various parts of the centre) which customers must also comply with. We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments to these rules, or our centre operational rules, at any time. If we do this, we will give customers reasonable advance notice by placing the new rules on a notice board at each centre.
Words and phrases in these rules have the same meanings as given in our Membership Terms & Conditions, unless specified otherwise.
PAYMENT / CANCELLATION / REFUNDS
Payment is required at the time of booking.
If you cancel more than 12 hours beforehand, there will be no charge and your booking will be refunded or transferred (where possible).
If you cancel less than 12 hours beforehand your booking will not be refunded.
If you persistently fail to turn up, your booking rights may be suspended.
Parking orders exist at sports centre sites requiring vehicle owners to park appropriately in order to avoid a fine/charge. This is done in the best interests of those wishing to legitimately use a sports centre and be able to park easily.
Active car parks may only be used by members, guests, and visitors using the premises.
Vehicles must not be left in our car parks at any other time (for example, while you go shopping elsewhere).
Vehicles must be parked properly within the marked parking spaces.
Vehicles left on site or not parked within the dedicated spaces will be subject to a fine.
This is a short stay carpark. You can stay up to three hours. Short stay car parks are charged at one unit per hour between 8am and 5pm, Monday to Saturday. You can use paycards or the new PayByPhone app.
Full Active members receive 2 hours free parking. A valid Active permit and a yellow parking disc, showing the time of arrival, must be displayed.
Members parking beyond the 2 hour limit are required to display a paycard for the remainder of their stay or risk receiving a fine.
Pay and Play customers
All Pay and Play customers are required to pay for parking as per the terms of short-term car parks in Jersey.
All customers are required to display a yellow parking disc, showing the time or arrival of risk receiving a fine. The maximum stay is 3 hours during weekdays and 8 hours at weekends.
All customers are required to display a yellow parking disc, showing the time of arrival or risk receiving a fine. The maximum stay is 3 hours.
- Acceptance of an application for membership is at our absolute discretion (although we will exercise our discretion reasonably, and in compliance with applicable laws).
- Membership entitles members to use the facilities available at our 3 centres: Fort Regent, Les Quennevais and Springfield. The types of memberships and facilities offered by us will differ from centre to centre, and may change from time to time.
- Each category of Membership has different restrictions, conditions, and benefits. Another category of Membership may be of interest to you if your requirements or circumstances change.
- During your membership application, we will give you and any linked members (except for children under the age of 8) a membership card that you (or they) must use each time you (or they) use our facilities. We may refuse entry if you (or they) do not have your (or their) membership card.
- In the event of loss or damage to an Active card, it is your responsibility to collect a duplicate card that will be issued for £2.00.
- Each Member must have their card swiped for verification of attendance and use on each visit to an Active Centre before proceeding into the activities.
- Management reserves the right to deny entry to Members attending an Active Centre without a valid Membership card.
- Management reserves the right to insist upon purchase of a replacement card to access the facilities.
- Membership cards are not transferable. Active reserve the right to withdraw, without refund of any fees, any Active cards used by any person other than the cardholders.
GUESTS AND VISITORS
- Members and non-members are not permitted to personal train members of the public within Active centres unless a personal training agreement is in place with management.
- Non-members are permitted to use our centres without an accompanying member, these visitors must pay the relevant entry fee and complete a Health Commitment Statement.
- A member who has "frozen" their membership must pay the relevant entry fee to use the facilities during their freeze period.
- Members must ensure their guests pay the appropriate entry fee, or present a valid guest pass (if applicable) before accompanying them into a centre.
- Members must ensure that their guests comply with the Active Club Rules.
- Opening times for a centre will be prominently displayed at the relevant Centre and online.
- Pool, spa, sauna and steam
facilities will close 30 minutes before the advertised closing time
to allow members time to change. All other facilities (including
the gym floor) will remain open until the advertised closing
BEHAVIOUR & DRESS
When using Active Centres we request that you:
- Be mindful and respectful of all centre users and follow good etiquette.
- Conduct yourself in a quiet and well-mannered fashion that will not disturb or impair the use and enjoyment by any other person.
- Refrain from using foul, loud or abusive language, threatening behaviour and harassment to other customers or members of staff. This will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave the premises.
- The use, storage and dealing of illegal drugs and/or intoxicating liquor is prohibited in any part of a Centre. You may not bring any into a Centre or be drunk in a Centre.
- You may not use our exercise facilities including, gyms, pools, saunas, steam rooms, studios and sports halls while under the influence of alcohol, narcotics, tranquilizers or any medication or other substance which may affect your ability to exercise safely.
- We may terminate your Active Membership and refuse entry if you commit a serious or repeated breach of these Rules or if you engage in any other serious misconduct.
- Complaints should be communicated privately to the relevant Centre manager in writing.
- Smoking including the use of e-cigarettes or similar devices is not permitted in any areas.
- Appropriate exercise clothing and footwear is required whilst exercising. Guidance can be obtained from the Centre Manager. You may be required to leave the premises if you are not suitably dressed.
- Only one individual is permitted in a shower cubicle at any one time (with the exception of a parent or guardian who may take his/her own child aged up to 8 years into a shower cubicle with him/her).
- You must store coats and rucksacks in the lockers provided and not in the studios.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- You must use the main entrance to a Centre when entering or leaving the premises.
- Fire exits are clearly marked. In the interests of safety you must not interfere with fire doors for any reason.
- We encourage you to be responsible and read the health & safety notices posted outside any equipment or facility rooms and comply with their recommendations.
- You are requested to comply with any reasonable requests made by the members of staff in relation to matters of health and safety.
- Lockers are provided subject to availability. Active does not accept any liability in relation to locker thefts unless they result from our negligence. You should check that your household contents or other insurance policy protects you against any risk of theft.
- Lockers are available for use while you are on the premises and may only be used for the purposes of keeping personal items such as gym kit, toiletries, clothing, etc. If we have reasonable grounds to suspect that lockers are being used inappropriately, the management reserves the right to open the lockers in question and remove any offending items. If you leave your belongings overnight in a locker we reserve the right to open the locker and remove your belongings.
- Removed belongings will be available for collection from the centre's reception. If you do not collect your belongings within thirty days, your belongings may be donated to charity.
- Where available, lockers and locker keys remain the property of Active and must not be taken from the premises at any time.
- Active does not accept responsibility for any damage or loss of property or articles left on the premises.
- Lost property will be recorded and held at the centre's reception for a period of up to thirty days, valuable items will be transferred to the States of Jersey Police Department. Items that are not collect during this time may be donated to charity.
- Your health is your responsibility. Not all exercises are suitable for everyone. You should not exercise beyond your own abilities. If you know, or are concerned, that you have a medical condition which might interfere with you exercising safely, before starting any exercise programme you should obtain and follow the advice of a medical professional as our staff, agents and subcontractors are not medically qualified.
- We strongly advise that all members complete an induction to the gym. Gym inductions are compulsory for children under 18 years. If you are not sure how to use any equipment, always ask a member of staff.
- A Health Commitment Statement must be read and signed by all gym users. An adult or guardian (18 years or older) must also sign juniors' (14 - 15 year olds) Health Commitment Statements. A member of staff must witness both the junior and the parent or guardian signing the statement.
- Gym equipment must not be used for longer than 20 minutes during busy periods.
- You are asked to wipe down gym equipment after use, torque roll and anti-bacterial spray is provided in gyms and fitness studios.
- Always return equipment to where it belongs and in its original state.
- Where, in the opinion of an instructor, a class is overcrowded and would jeopardise the safety or enjoyment of others, the instructor may restrict the number of attendees.
- Pre-book up to a week in advance in person, over the phone, online or via our mobile app.
- View timetables online at www.active.je/timetables . Despite our best efforts, class timetables and instructors may occasionally be substituted or withdrawn at short notice.
- Receive push notification on the mobile app by enabling this feature in your preferences.
You are requested to:
- Cancel your booking if you cannot attend a class. Classes can be cancelled in person, over the phone, online or via our mobile app.
- Upon arrival at our Active Centres please remember to swipe your membership card in order to confirm your attendance.
- If you can't make a class don't forget to cancel your booking, this will enable other customers to book in. Members who regularly do not cancel their bookings within a 1 hour time frame prior to class start may lose their app booking rights and incur a charge.
- Arrive in good time and complete the entire class to avoid disturbance. Entrance to classes will be refused to anyone arriving more than five minutes late.
- Not open the doors while a class is in progress, as this may interfere with the operation of the air-conditioning system and disrupt other participants.
SWIMMING POOLS / SAUNAS & STEAM ROOMS
- No balls, floats, or inflatables are permitted in the swimming pool area other than those provided by a Centre. Buoyancy aids are permitted.
- No diving, jumping…as per pool signage
- The swimming pool areas may from time to time be reserved for adult swimmers only or swimming lessons. Prior notice will be displayed on notice boards.
- If you have high or low blood pressure, heart disease, cardiac irregularities, asthma and/or diabetes, or if you are pregnant you should consult your doctor prior to using our facilities;
For reasons of health, safety and hygiene you must:
- obey the instructions of our lifeguards;
- use the saunas, steam rooms in moderation and wear swimming attire at all times;
- always shower before entering the saunas, steam rooms or swimming pools;
- not get changed in the saunas and steam rooms;
- not consume, store, or bring into the changing rooms or swimming pool area, any food or drink or any kind of glass container;
- only shave in the wash basins provided, shaving is not permitted in the sauna and steam rooms;
- not attempt to dry clothes or towels in the sauna;
- not bring sauna oils or essences, cosmetic products, newspapers/magazines/books or other flammable materials into the sauna as these constitute a serious fire hazard;
- not bring oils or essences to the steam room either as pouring them on the steam outlet will create a burn hazard;
- wear long hair tied up, or in a swimming cap whilst in the swimming pool;
- not run around, jump or dive into the swimming pool;
- comply with any swimming direction posted in the swimming pool area;
- wear appropriate swimwear only. Swimwear that covers large areas of the body (including burkinis and full body swimsuits) is permitted provided the safety of the swimmer is not compromised.
- All courts need to be booked before you play to secure them. 'On spec' racquet sports bookings (15 minutes before the court is available) are complimentary for Active members.
- We accept a maximum of one booking per member per phone call.
- We can reserve courts for tournaments, events and promotional activities at any time. We will try to give advance notice of this, but may not always be able to.
ARRIVAL FOR COURTS
- On arrival, Active members must swipe in at reception and we'll give you your court number.
- You have 15 minutes from the start of your booked slot to claim your court, after which time the court will be made available to others.
DRESS CODE & ETIQUETTE
- Only non-marking shoes can be worn on our indoor courts.
- Please only bring drinks on court if they're in a sealed plastic container.
- No food should be brought on court.
- For all on-court timekeeping purposes, refer to our tennis-hall clocks.
- We welcome children to our clubs but they must behave reasonably. They must not put themselves or other people in danger or prevent other members from enjoying the facilities.
- Parents/guardians must accept full responsibility for the health and safety of their children. Children under the age of 8 must be supervised at all times.
- Unless involved in organised children's supervised activities, children, under the age of 16, must be under direct adult supervision when using the gym facilities at all times.
- Children, under the age of 8, may change in either sex changing room, under supervision, and in designated areas only. Children over 8 years must change in designated areas in the changing room of their own sex.
SWIMMING POOLS / SAUNAS & STEAM ROOMS
- Children under the age of 16 may not use the sauna or steam facilities.
- Where children are allowed to use the swimming pool the following rules apply:
- For under 5 year olds we operate strict adult-to-child ratios (1 adult to 3 children).
- Adults are responsible for the active and constant supervision of their children while they're in or around any depth of pool water;
- Children aged 8 and above may use the swimming pools unsupervised providing the child is a confident swimmer.
GYM / STUDIO CLASSES / RACQUETS
- Juniors between the ages of 14 - 15 are allowed to use cardiovascular equipment if linked to a parent's membership and only accompanied by a parent or guardian 18 years or older once they have had a gym induction. Juniors from the age of 16 + are allowed to use resistance equipment/free weights unsupervised once they have had a gym induction.
- The Active class programme has been designed with adults in mind. Some classes may be appropriate for 14 - 15 year olds if accompanied by an adult and at the instructor's discretion. Children under 14 years of age are not permitted to participate in Active classes. Children on a complimentary membership, aged 16+, may attend classes on an 'on spec' basis only. This offer may be subject to changes and withdrawn, by management, at any time without formal notice.
- Please refer to 'RACQUETS' paragraph above for bookings information.
- Openings times are posted within the centre and online and may vary from time to time. Customers may be asked to remove their child from the session, if, in the opinion of management, the child is upset, ill, or is causing problems for the staff.
- Parents or guardians are required to complete registration forms for all children before access is permitted.
- Parents or guardians should allow adequate time to sign in and settle their children.
- Parents or guardians must remain on site at all times.
- Parents or guardians must provide all nappies, wipes, and drinks required during the child's visit.
- Parents or guardians must collect the children in person. Another person may only collect a child when specific arrangements have been made, and agreed, with staff.
- Children will not be accepted if suffering from any infectious illness or condition such as vomiting or diarrhea. Please refer to the Child Care Illness Policy for further details.
- Parents or guardians must ensure that children are appropriately dressed.
- Parents or guardians must inform a member of staff if their children have special needs.
Active website FAQ's
General - All Centres
A: We have an enhanced cleaning schedule in place and have left time between sessions for cleaning of equipment, Sports and Public areas, in line with Government guidance. There will be cleaning materials throughout the Gyms and all users are required to use it before and after each session exercise to wipe down any equipment used, including exercise mats.
A: There is clear signage throughout all the centres including floor stickers to ensure people keep to the distancing requirements set out by public health. The equipment in the Gym has been adequately spaced to allow for social distancing.
A: Yes, pre-booking for all activity sessions is essential, so we can manage the flow of people in the centre and track and trace. Bookings should be made using the App where possible or over the phone. The only exception to this is the "on-spec" bookings for Racquet Sports which are only available 15minutes before a session starts. To guarantee your booking, bookings should be made and paid for using the Active App or by telephoning the Centre.
A: Activities are available from 7am, two days in advance to allow a fair opportunity to all customers to book their preferred activities. Only having activities available 2 days in advance also makes us more agile, if we need to respond quickly to the changing Covid situation, or if any staff are required to self-isolate due to Covid concerns.
A: Yes, all Gyms are open for pre-booked sessions only. Bookings can be made via the classes or gym sessions tab where relevant on the App, or by calling the relevant Centre. Some equipment may not be available to allow adequate spacing.
A: Yes, to ensure a fair allocation for each customer all sessions will be time limited. Each slot will include time for safe arrival/exit and movement through the centre. Timings for sessions will be confirmed when booking.
A: Yes, you should be able to complete a full workout. Please ensure you consider other users in the Gym and limit use of any one piece of equipment to no more than 20 minutes.
A: Yes, classes are running with 2m distancing in place. Some classes may be moved to larger areas (Hall) to ensure the guidelines can be followed. Bookings should be made using the App where possible or over the phone.
A: We are now able to offer high intensity classes, including Spinning, using our new Chrono power spinning ® bikes.
A: Changing rooms and showers will remain closed at Les Quennevais Sports Centre and Springfield for now, this will be reviewed as the Government Guidance relaxes measures further. Some lockers and changing facilities, but no showers at this time, will be available at Fort Regent. All customers are encouraged to come ready for their activities, leave their belongings in their cars where possible, and shower at home.
A: Yes, at Fort Regent and Springfield you can play singles and doubles games at times published on the App. We ask customers to please ensure they maintain 2m distancing between play, fleeting contact during play is permitted but must be kept to a minimum in line with the Sports guidance. Bookings should be made using the App where possible or over the phone. The only exception to this is the "on-spec" bookings for Racquet Sports which are only available 15minutes before a session starts. To guarantee your booking, bookings should be made and paid for using the Active App or by telephoning the Centre.
A: Following the first lockdown we needed to implement technologies quickly, that would allow you to book activities as far as was reasonably practicable, to ensure we didn't have congestion at the desk for bookings. We took the decision to waive the charges that would normally be applied for badminton advance bookings for our members as we were unable to implement an online pay solution in good time. We now have an online pay solution, so have returned to the standard charging arrangements that were in place pre-Covid.
A: Yes, for bottle refill only at Les Quennevais and Springfield only at this time (see Fort Regent FAQ's below). Please remember to bring your own water bottle, you are not permitted to drink direct from the fountain.
A: Yes, however, you will need to contact us to register for a non-member log in. Once you've set up the App and set a password, you can book and pay for activities online.
A: Currently our systems do not refund automatically for a cancellation you make online. Therefore, if you need to cancel a session you've paid for, please contact the Customer Services Team so they can cancel your booking and refund the payment you have made. Please note, if you cancel at short notice, you may not be entitled to a refund.
A: Yes, at Fort Regent you can play at the weekends only, subject to availability
A: Not yet, due to the age of the infrastructure at Fort Regent and as the Centre has been closed for an extended period, we are testing the water to confirm it is still ok to drink and until the results have been returned we cannot permit the use of these fountains. This is a precautionary measure only, as every effort has been made during the closure to manage the water. We anticipate reopening the water fountains, for bottle fill only, very soon. Please remember to bring your own water bottle.
A: Changing and lockers will be available but the toilets and showers in the area are to remain closed until the water has been confirmed as ok to use. This is a precautionary measure only. Every effort has been made during the closure to manage the water, so we anticipate reopening the toilets and shower facilities in this area very soon.
A: Yes, the café will be open at for core hours, times are currently subject to change.
A: There is a one-way system in place to get in and out of the pool area.
A: At this time, no shower or changing facilities will be available. Please come ready for your activity, leave your belongings in your car where possible and shower and change at home.
A: No, we are not permitted to open the sauna and steam yet. As soon as we are able to do so we will.
A: When we are able to open, lanes will be double with a one-way system running clockwise with extra slow, slow, medium and fast lanes.
A: No, the balcony is closed.
A: Sadly, our café will not be re-opening for the time being. Expressions of interest are being sought for tenant to take on a new 9 year lease. If you have catering experience and are excited by this opportunity please email firstname.lastname@example.org
A: No, we need to lift the freeze to allow members to book into sessions and classes. Members were notified in writing, should you have any questions regarding this please speak to the Active Team on 449888.
A: If you are not ready to return and would like to freeze your membership, please complete the online form available on the How can we help page on the website, as soon as possible so our team are able to process your request in good time. We regret to advise that we are unable to extend your Membership indefinitely, therefore freeze time will be deducted from your allocation. If you no longer have Freeze time owing to you, please contact the Active Team at email@example.com who will confirm your options.
A: All prepaid Annual Memberships will be extended to reflect the period of facility closures. The recent period of closure will be added to your membership end date. If your membership was due to expire whilst we were closed, the time owing up to your original end date will be added from the 15th March.
A: We are somewhat optimistic that, due to the vaccine program, the Covid situation is improving. However, it is still unclear how Covid may affect the facilities in the next 6 to 12 months so we need to remain agile and able to react quickly and efficiently to the changing circumstances. Due to the way the Advance memberships are designed, we are unable to provide the resource required to effectively administer these effectively at this time, therefore we will not be renewing Annual Advance memberships for now. You can still renew your subscription on a monthly Direct Debit basis and not pay any more over the year than you would have if you'd paid in advance. To understand how this affects you personally, please speak with an Active Sales advisor on 449888.
A: Yes, monthly paid subscriptions are available at this time. Please contact the Active Team for more information at Active@gov.je or on 449888.
A: In response to the Covid situation we have had to adapt our offering and pricing several times over the past year in response to the ever changing situation. Applying changes retrospectively to our Annual members, who also benefit from enhanced freeze options, has made this membership too resource heavy to administer cost effectively at this time. Therefore, only monthly Direct Debit memberships are available at this time so we can remain agile and able to respond quickly, if needed, in response to the changing situation.
A: Monthly Direct Debit memberships do not have the same flexibility for freezing as an advance paid membership previously did, however, you can still freeze your membership by calendar month, if you need to, by notifying the Active Team who will suspend your monthly payment for the months not needed while you are not using the facility.
MoveAnywhere - Virtual Classes
A: Yes, it is in the plan to offer a range of our more popular classes "On Demand" for you to stream and workout at a time convenient to you. On Demand Content should be available late March.
A: Yes, however, you will need to contact us to register for a non-member log in. You'll first need to set up the Active Jersey App. Once you've set up the App and set a password, you can book and pay for activities online, including the MoveAnywhere classes.
A: If you are a current Member the content in MoveAnywhere is free of charge. Please note that if your membership is frozen, you will need to pay to use the service as if you were not a member. Service users that are not Members pay £5 per live streamed class.