Become a Lifeguard
At Active we're mad about swimming and with three pools to manage, we need plenty of qualified Lifeguards to keep our pools safe.
Our professional team are qualified to deliver the National Pool Lifeguard Qualification training and run courses regularly.
Whether you're just looking for weekend or holiday work while you complete your education, or looking to start a new career in Sport and Leisure, this could be for you as long as you meet the following criteria.
You are 16+ years of age on the date of assessment and can:
- Jump / dive into deep water
- Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back
- In deep water, tread water for 30 seconds
- Surface dive to the floor of the pool, maximum depth 2.0 metres
- Climb out of the pool unaided without using a ladder / steps where the pool design permits
If you are interested in applying for the course, to become a lifeguard, please contact the Aquatics Program Coordinator by email at email@example.com for course dates and costs.